Fiber Optics MCQ
- 03rd Jun, 2022
- 599 Followers
Latest MCQ Tests
Pratice HR Questions
Fiber Optic MCQ Questions
1) Data signal with minimum error is generated by which among the following
2) Who is Founder of the wave theory of light
3) Proposed the use of clad glass fiber as a dielectric waveguide
4) Developed the first laser
5) The band of light wavelengths that are too long to be seen by the human eye
6) Which color has the shortest wavelength of light?
7) What generates a light beam of a specific visible frequency?
8) Which of the following materials is sensitive to light?
9) The core of an optical fiber has a
10) Is the different angle of entry of light into an optical fiber when the diameter of the core is many times the wavelength of the light transmitted.
11) The loss in signal power as light travels down a fiber is called
12) The bandwidth of optical fiber
13) If a mirror is used to reflect light, the reflected light angle is ____ as the incident angle
14) What is a specific path the light takes in an optical fiber corresponding to a certain angle and number of reflection
15) Is the width of the range of wavelengths emitted by the light source
16) Which theory states that the light wave behaves as if it consists of many tiny particles?
17) Fiber optic cables operate at frequencies near
18) When a beam of light enters one medium from another, which quantity will not change?
19) Dispersion is used to describe the
20) Luminance efficiency is minimum for a
21) What is the principle of fibre optical communication?
22) What is the other name for a maximum external incident angle?
23) A single mode fibre has low intermodal dispersion than multimode.
24) How does the refractive index vary in Graded Index fibre?
25) Which of the following has more distortion?
26) In which of the following there is no distortion?
27) Which of the following loss occurs inside the fibre?
28) What causes microscopic bend?
29) When more than one mode is propagating, how is it dispersed?
30) A fibre optic telephone transmission can handle more than thousands of voice channels.
Fiber Optics Online Test Questions (Fiber Optics FAQs)
1) What is fibre optics?
Fiber optics is consists of thin transparent fiber wires generally made up of glass that is used to transmit data and information in the form of a digital signal.
2) What is the principle of fibre optical communication?
The fiber optics technology is based on the principle of TIR i.e. Total Internal Reflection.
3) Fiber optic cable operate at near to what frequencies?
Fiber optic cable transmits electromagnetic waves whose frequency ranges from 1014 to 1015 Hz.
4) Which type of fiber optic cable is most widely used?
The Standard Multimode Fiber optic cable is the most widely used fiber optic cable.
5) What is singlemode fiber?
The single-mode fiber optic is consists of a relatively small diametral core. It is used to propagate signals for log ranges that's why it allows only one mode of light to propagate through it.
6) What is a photodetector?
Photodetectors are commonly known as photosensors which are used to detect electromagnetic waves. It is consists of a P-N junction in order to convert light photon into the current.
7) What is a mechanical splice?
A mechanical splice is a device that is used to join two or more optical fibers and align them together such that the cables can transmit the signal without joining permanently.
8) Which type of fiber has the highest modal dispersion?
Modal dispersion depends on the length of the path i.e. the longer the path is, the higher the model dispersion will be. Step-index multimode has the highest modal dispersion.
9) Who invented fiber optics?
Charles Kuen Kao is known as the father of fiber optic communications but the first working fiber-optic data transmission system was invented by German physicist Manfred Börner.
10) What is the purpose of cladding in a fiber-optic cable?
Cladding is used to provide a lower refractive index to support the TIR principle such that the signal would be transmitted through the fiber.