Compiler Design MCQ
- 21st Nov, 2022
- 674 Followers
Latest MCQ Tests
Pratice HR Questions
Compiler Design MCQ
1) Which of the following is the fastest logic?
2) Compiler translates the source code to
3) The linker __________
4) Which of the following groups is/are token together into semantic structures?
5) A latch is constructed using which two cross coupled?
6) Pee Hole optimization __________
7) Shift reduce parsers are __________
8) What is the output of lexical analyzer?
9) Running time of a program depends on __________
10) Inherited attribute is a natural choice in ___________
11) YACC builds up __________
12) What is the output of lexical analyzer?
13) Input to code generator is __________
14) _____________ is a graph representation of a derivation.
15) Which of these is also known as look-head LR parser?
16) Which of the following is a phase of a compilation process?
17) A series of statements explaining how the data is to be processed is called _________
18) Which is the most powerful parser?
19) An intermediate code form is ___________
20) The method which merges the bodies of two loops is?
21) Which table is a permanent database that has an entry for each terminal symbol?
22) The segment base is specified using the register named is?
23) The segment base is specified using the register named is?
24) Software that measures, monitors, and controls events are ___________
25) The table created by lexical analysis to describe all literals used in the source program is
26) Which loader function is accomplished by loader?
27) Which is not true about syntax and semantic parts of a computer language?
28) The specific task storage manager performs ____________
29) In which of the following no information hiding is done ?
30) The identification of common sub-expression and replacement of run-time computations by compile-time computations is
31) The identification of common sub-expression and replacement of run-time computations by compile-time computations is
32) The graph that shows basic blocks and their successor relationship is called
33) Scissoring enables
34) Relocation bits used by relocating loader are specified by
35) Relocation bits used by relocating loader are specified by
36) Which of the following module does not incorporate initialization of values changed by the module ?
37) Three address code invloves
38) Advantage of panic mode of error recovery is that
39) A relocatable program form is one which
40) Function of the storage assignment is
Compiler Design Online Test Questions (Compiler Design FAQs)
1) What is Linker?
The linker is a program used to link different pieces of code, modules in order to obtain an executable code.
2) What is an assembler?
An assembler is a program used to convert assembly language into machine language.
3) What is code optimization in compiler design?
In code optimization the code is improvised that is it is optimized so that it can use fewer resources and time while execution.
4) What is Lexical Analysis?
Lexical analysis is the first phase of compiler designing which takes the source code from the input and breaks it into tokens by removing whitespaces and special characters.
5) What is Symbol Table in Compiler?
In compiler design, the Symbol table is an important data structure created and maintained by compilers in order to store and track information about the occurrence of various entities such as variable names, function names, objects, classes, interfaces, etc.
6) Explain three address code in Compiler?
Three address code is an intermediate code that can be easily generated and converted to machine code. It uses at most three addresses and one operator to represent an expression. The value computed at each instruction is stored in a temporary variable generated by the compiler.
7) What is BNF Notation?
BNF stands for Backus-Naur Form which is used to write a formal representation of context-free grammar. It is a variant of context-free grammar.
8) What is a garbage is in compiler design?
The resources in memory that will never be accessed after a certain time and is of no use are known as garbage value.
9) What does LR stands for in compiler design?
LR stands for L- left to right and R- rightmost derivation in reverse parsing. It is used for parsing the large class of grammars.
10) Explain Context free grammar?
CFG or Context-Free Grammar is used to generate all possible strings in a formal language. It can be defined by four tuples, G= (V, T, P, S).